Chef Phillip Dewayne Presents:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Recover?
- Recover is a meal prep delivery service offered by Chef Phillip Dewayne. You can choose between five (5) lunch/dinner meals, ten (10) lunch/dinner meals, and five (5) breakfast meals.
Is Recover right for you?
- Recover is perfect for busy individuals and/or those who have a fitness or weight loss goal and desire delicious and nutritious meals. We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner from a rotating menu. Menu selections change weekly.
What size are the meals?
- Our meals are single serving and meant to feed an average adult. Recover meals range from 300 to 600 calories.
Do you accommodate specific dietary needs?
- We can accommodate a variety of dietary preferences. If you are preparing for your next fitness competition or are in need of a low-iodine diet, etc. simply let us know and we can curate a specific menu to accommodate your needs. If an individual ingredient list is desired, please contact us at [email protected] We can also assist you in making specific menu selections.
- If you don't see anything that suits your fancy, be sure to check back frequently as we’re always adding new flavorful dishes.
How long do the meals last?
- Recover meals are freshly prepared and have a refrigerated shelf life of seven (7) days. Our meals are free from artificial or chemical preservatives so we encourage you to enjoy your meals within that timeframe. If you’re unable to finish your meals within their shelf life, simply place them in your freezer. Just be sure to microwave your meal straight from the freezer and add a few extra minutes to reach the 165° F internal temperature we recommend.
How do I heat up my meals?
- Our meals are packaged in microwave-safe containers and generally heat up in 3 minutes. If you’re unsure, start at 2 minutes and heat in 30-second increments until your food reaches the 165° F internal temperature. No thermometer, no problem! Since your meal is already cooked, simply heat your meal to your liking!
- If you have a meal that does not require heating (i.e. Salmon Poke Bowl) simply set it out for 20-30 minutes to allow it to reach room temperature.
How does shipping work?
- To help guarantee your meals arrive in the freshest condition, there is a small shipping fee associated with your order. We deliver to the Memphis surrounding areas including some parts of Mississippi. Recover meals are delivered every Sunday afternoon between 3 pm-5 pm.
How does the subscription work?
- Every week you get to pick your selection of meals from our weekly rotation. Our monthly subscription comes in four plan sizes: 5, 10, or 15 meals per week. Once you select your plan, we'll ship your chef-cooked meals right to your doorstep every Sunday like clockwork! If you ever need to skip or cancel a week, it's easy to make changes to your upcoming delivery before the weekly Thursday deadline.
What's the final day to make my meal selections?
- Meals must be selected and purchased by 5 pm on Thursday of each week. Any purchases made after that day will be rolled over to the next upcoming week.